Your Child’s Lifetime of Healthy Teeth and Gums Starts Here.
Preventive dentistry for children protects your child’s teeth and gums. Start your child now with the lifetime value of proper dental routines and treatment.
Preventive dental care routines that create lifetime habits for your child.
- Brush your child’s teeth daily to establish a routine. Guide them until they are old enough to do so on their own with minimal or no supervision.
- Floss your child’s teeth when they have two adjoining teeth. Flossing removes harmful plaque from between their teeth and beneath their gum line.
- Provide your child a healthy diet. Monitor the amount of sugary foods, drinks, and snacks that can harm their tooth enamel and lead to dental cavities.
Prevent cavities and tooth damage
- Dental sealants provide a protective cover for the chewing surfaces of your child’s teeth. Their sealant helps prevent damaging plaque and bacteria from your child’s tooth and causing tooth decay.
- Fluoride treatment can reduce up to 70% of your child’s tooth decay risk. Topical fluoride can be applied to their teeth to strengthen their protection against decay and cavities.
- Mouth guards are recommended if your child is active in sports. Ask us about a custom mouth guard to protect your child’s teeth, lips, and gums during competition.
Diagnoses and treatment planning for your child’s lifetime of dental health
- Routine dental check-ups two times per year keep us aware and you informed about your child’s tooth development.
- Teeth cleanings during a dental check-up remove the damaging plaque and tartar from your child’s teeth. The in-office, professional procedure supports and reinforces your child’s at-home oral hygiene routine.
- Dental x-rays provide an effective and safe diagnosis for your child’s dental treatment. Ask us about our x-ray technology.
Contact Honolulu Keiki Dental’s Ala Moana dental office about preventive dental care services. Schedule your child’s first dental visit to begin their lifetime of good dental routines.